Thursday 7 December 2017

About as sick a book as I can ever imagine reading...


After purchasing this for free, I wasn’t sure what to expect but let’s just say the title of this book is very apt indeed.

The first book I’ve read by Matt Shaw, let’s just say it won’t be the last.

The book opens with what can only be described as a graphic, extreme sex scene and only gets worse from there.

I don’t want to give away any spoilers, because part of what makes extreme horror so successful is the shock value, but underneath all the grossness and depravity, I was actually surprised to find there was actually a very clever story.

As the plot progresses, Shaw continues to deliver plot twist after plot twist until slowly the truth finally starts to emerge and when it does, it comes with a short, sharp shock.

I’ve read a lot of horror in my time,and I can honestly say this is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time and really impressed me with how well it was written.

It would be too easy to dismiss this book as just being extreme for the sake of shocking its reader - for like I say, underneath it all, there is a very good underlying story - but if Shaw was intending to see just how dark and extreme he could go, then here, he has certainly succeeded!

WARNING: Do not read this book if easily offended! If you like having your buttons pushed however, and your boundaries pushed about as far as they can go and then some, then this book is for you!

I will certainly be buying more of his work in the future, and surely you can’t get a better recommendation than that!


Actually, come to think of it, yes you can.


This book was so good, it makes it onto my 1001 list.


No comments: